This article will walk through the workflow for handling customers who will be using a third party financing or leasing option as a payment method to pay for any service or retail item through your location. In this walkthrough we will assume that no sales tax is required for collection, which is common for certain lease/finance transactions. This is the method that is currently available as of RepairQ 1.12, and on certain plans that include Billing Agents and Invoicing. Keep in mind, invoicing and billing agents are only available to select staff members within the organization as well.
This particular method is best utilized by companies who will be receiving ACH or check payments from the financing company on a weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc. basis, as opposed to receiving payments for each individual transaction one at a time. If you will be utilizing a virtual credit card, given to you by the financing/leasing company, see instructions on how to process those transactions here.
- First you need to create the financing company as a billing agent in RepairQ. Navigate to the Customers tab in the top navbar and click "Billing Agents".
- Click "Add Billing Agent".
- Fill in the appropriate information, using the financing company as the "Company Name".
- Create a new Quicksale or Repair ticket and attach your customer. If they are not in your system, add them in as usual. If they are in your system, attach them.
- Once you have attached the customer, underneath their information (if you have Shift Lead or higher permissions) you will see a button labeled "Tax Override". Click that and make sure "0%" is in the box.
- On the right side of the customer info section, select your new billing agent from the dropdown box.
- Add the items to the ticket that will be paid for using the financing option, excluding any items that will be paid for with any other payment method. Those items will need to be sold on a separate ticket.
- Process the application through the financing company and gain full approval for the entire ticket total and obtain all approval information based on your company's workflow procedures. Enter all of the approval information into the ticket notes section at the bottom of the ticket.
- Once all steps have been followed and you have full approval from the financing company, advance the ticket status to "Waiting for Payment".
- When you are ready to receive payment for any or all of the unpaid tickets for that financing provider, navigate to the Customers tab and click on "Invoices".
- Create a new Invoice by clicking "New Invoice".
- RepairQ will show you a box where you can filter the unpaid invoices by billing agent or date. Select the appropriate billing agent from the dropdown box. Then click "Find Tickets" to populate any unpaid ticket for that billing agent.
- You will be presented with a list of all unpaid tickets. Select the tickets you wish to invoice/process a payment for and click "Create Invoice".
- You will then presented with the New/Unpaid invoice. If you don't plan on adding a payment/remittance to that invoice at this time, you can exit out of it. To pull it back up, head over to Customers-->Invoices.
- Click on the "Add Payment" to process a payment on the invoice.
- Enter the amount of the payment, reference number if applicable, and the payment method, and click "Apply Payment".
- Click "Save Remittance" to add that payment to the invoice.
- Once the balance on that invoice is $0, it will display "Paid in Full".