This article will walk through the workflow for handling customers who will be using a third party financing or leasing option as a payment method to pay for any service or retail item through your location. In this walkthrough we will assume that no sales tax is required for collection, which is common for certain lease/finance transactions. This is the method that is currently available as of RepairQ 1.12, and on certain plans that include Billing Agents and Invoicing. Keep in mind, invoicing and billing agents are only available to select staff members within the organization as well. We recommend utilizing billing agents for this method so you are able to track the sales for that particular financing/leasing program separately.
This particular method is best utilized by companies who will be using a virtual credit card from the financing/leasing company as the payment method. If you will be receiving ACH or check payments from the financing company on a weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc. basis, as opposed to receiving payments for each individual transaction one at a time, see instructions on how to process those transactions here.
- First you need to create the financing company as a billing agent in RepairQ. Navigate to the Customers tab in the top navbar and click "Billing Agents."
- Click "Add Billing Agent".
- Fill in the appropriate information, using the financing company as the "Company Name".
- Create a new Quicksale or Repair ticket and attach your customer. If they are not in your system, add them in as usual. If they are in your system, attach them.
- Once you have attached the customer, underneath their information (if you have Shift Lead or higher permissions) you will see a button labeled "Tax Override". Click that and make sure "0%" is in the box.
- On the right side of the customer info section, select your new billing agent from the dropdown box.
- Add the items to the ticket that will be paid for using the financing option, excluding any items that will be paid for with any other payment method. Those items will need to be sold on a separate ticket.
- Process the application through the financing company and gain full approval for the entire ticket total and obtain all approval information based on your company's workflow procedures. Enter all of the approval information into the ticket notes section at the bottom of the ticket.
- Once all steps have been followed and you have full approval from the financing company, including the virtual credit card information given, you may process the payment like a standard credit card payment.
- If you are using our Integrated Payment Processing solutions, click "Request Payment" and key in the virtual credit card info that was given to you by the financing company.
- If you are NOT using our Integrated Payment Processing solutions, process and key in the transaction like you would with any other credit card transaction.
- Once your payment has been processed and the balance is $0, you may close the ticket.