This article covers how to issue a refund of a repair that has had a return repair created.
Scenario: customer has a repair completed, pays for the repair and leaves the store. One week later they return due to a defective part. A Return Repair is created, part is swapped out and charge is waived. Customer returns later again with a similar (or even different) problem, and the decision is made to issue the customer a refund for the repair instead of swapping parts again.
1. Create an item type called "Refund". Check the box for "can override price" so that you can enter the precise refund amount on each ticket.
2. Create a catalog item called "Refund (Closed ticket or Return Repair)". Set the default quantity to 1 so you don't have to remember to enter the quantity on the ticket. If you skipped step 1, be sure to choose an item type that has the "can override price" set so that you can enter the precise refund amount on each ticket.
3. Search for the ORIGINAL closed ticket that you wish to refund, and click on the return icon.
4. Don't bother with the returned items section because you are not returning an item in this scenario. Instead, skip ahead and add the Refund (Closed Ticket or Return Repair) to the ticket. Enter the desired refund amount, such as -20.00. Verify the quantity, or enter 1 as the quantity if unsure.
5. Observe that the total due on the ticket is now -$20.00, meaning you owe the customer $20.00.
6. When issuing a partial refund, you have the option to refund the original transaction by clicking "Refund" next to the original transaction or to initiate a new payout transaction by clicking on "Add Transaction Form". Note: A refund can be performed for reconciled integrated Bluefin card payment without the card being present; however, there is a limit of one refund per integrated card transaction.
7. Select the desired payment method and either click "Pay in full" or enter the payment amount. Optionally add a note and click "Submit Payment".
8. Verify the transaction amount, ensure the ticket balance is $0.00, and finally, save the ticket.