This article covers how to prepare your computer or tablet to communicate with your PAX payment processing device provided by Bluefin and/or Heartland. The following steps need to be performed on each computer/tablet/device that will use the PAX device to process payments.
1. follow this link to download the PAX device security certificate.
2. After downloading the certificate, you will need to install the certificate into your device.
- MAC OS - Installing the Device Security Certificate on a Mac.
- Windows - Installing the Device Security Certificate on Windows. If you have trouble installing the Device Security Certificate on Windows, click here for an alternate method using the Windows Certificate Manager.
- iOS - Installing the Device Security Certificate on iOS.
- Android - Installing the Device Security Certificate on Android.
Testing your Security Certificate
1.Navigate to our RepairQ Certificate Test page to test your installation.
- If successful, you will see a lock icon in your browser's URL bar.
- If it fails, you will see the following (in Chrome)
Once you have your certificate installed correctly, you are ready to add your Payment Terminal Device to RepairQ.