This feature is currently testing in an open Beta.
The Quickbooks Online integration, available with RepairQ 1.13, extends the RepairQ Accounting Journal feature. To read more about the Accounting Journal, click here. With RepairQ's Quickbooks Online integration, users of QuickBooks Online can simplify the accounting process further by automating the export and import of daily journal entries.
How does it work?
Daily journal entries are sent to your Quickbooks Online account on a nightly basis. In addition, an on-demand tool is available to send journal entries from RepairQ to your Quickbooks Online account for a specified date range and location.
How do I enable it?
- Navigate to Account Settings-->Integrations.
- Click the "Quickbooks" integration button.
- Click the “Connect Quickbooks” button.
- If you are not logged into your Quickbooks Online account, you will be prompted to login. If you do not have a Quickbooks Online account yet, you must sign up for Quickbooks Online first.
- Once you are logged in, click the "Authorize" button
- Upon success, you will be redirected back to the Quickbooks integration settings page to complete your setup.
- If you have classes enabled on your Quickbooks Online account, you will be prompted to match each RepairQ location with a class from your Quickbooks Online account. Otherwise, the setup walkthrough will skip this step.
- Next, pick which account from your Quickbooks Online chart of accounts belongs with each transaction type (Sales, COGS, etc). With the Quickbooks Online integration enabled, all journal entry classification settings will pull a list of accounts from your Quickbooks Online chart of accounts.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you set up journal entry classifications before enabling the integration, you should update all of your classifications to ensure they are classified properly.
- When finished, click "Save Classifications".
- Configure Error Notifications delivery:
- Select which staff members to notify when there is a problem with the nightly journal entry delivery to your Quickbooks Online account. Problems could occur for any number of reasons (changes to your chart of accounts, billing failures, etc), so it is important to delegate who will resolve any issues if/when they arise.
- When there is a problem, follow the instructions in the notification to resolve the issue if applicable. Then you can use the journal entry report to re-send journal entries for the date(s) that had problems.
- If there is a problem with an export and you are notified of it, head over to Reports-->Accounting-->Journal Entries.
- Set the date and location filters accordingly and click "Send to Quickbooks".
- RepairQ will warn you that doing so will replace all journal entries in your Quickbooks Online account that originated from RepairQ for the date range and location(s) filtered. Click "OK" to continue.
- Check the box to "Enable Automation" to enable or disable the automated nightly delivery of daily journal entries to your Quickbooks Online account.