RepairQ integrates with QZ Printing to allow users to automatically print ticket information without additional button presses. This article will walk through the process of enabling Integrated Printing and downloading QZ.
Enable Integrated Printing in RepairQ
You can enable integrated printing at the Company level (company settings), which affects all active locations, or you can set up integrated printing for a single location at a time (location settings). Log in to the location you would like to activate integrated printing and, from the top Navigation Bar, go to Settings -> Location Settings -> Integrations. Under "Available Integrations" click QZ.
Download and Install QZ
1. On the QZ Integration page, click on the “Download QZ” button to download the QZ app to your computer. This will open a new window with a few download options for your operating system. Windows, Mac OS, and Linux are all supported.
2. Download the latest version of the QZ tray application. As of this article, the latest version is 2.1.6. We recommend downloading approved versions, rather than pre-release versions.
3. Open the downloaded installer to install the QZ tray on your computer. The installer will walk you through the installation steps.
4. Open the QZ tray application on your computer (if not already opened after installation). Depending on your computer's OS, you will see a small QZ icon (receipt printer) in your application tray/status bar when it is running.
On Windows, right-click on the icon on your taskbar, and select "About" to get your current version.
On MacOS, click the QZ Tray icon on the menu bar, and select "About" to get your current version.
We do not recommend downloading version 2.2.1, as it is currently pre-release software.
5. When you have the QZ tray application running and know your version of QZ, go back to your QZ Integration settings in RepairQ. Check the box to “Enable Integrated Printing," select the QZ Tray Version that matches your installed version, and click "Save QZ Settings."
6. Now when viewing your Location Settings, will see a new section for "Integrated Printing," which includes additional settings to manage your printers, print configurations, and print automation.