What is Browser Cache and Why Should I Clear It?
Regularly clearing cached speeds up browser loading times and loads new versions of websites, rather than relying on potentially outdated, cached information.
RepairQ is a cloud-based program that is accessed by your browser, and we occasionally release minor updates that may not function properly until the cache has been cleared. We recommend pausing your VCT and then clearing your cache as the first step of troubleshooting.
If you notice that RepairQ is not working as expected and clearing the browser cache has not resolved the issue, please contact RepairQ Support for assistance. Be sure to include any details, screenshots, and steps to reproduce the issue, so we can better assist your request.
Clearing Cache in Chrome Browser
1. In Chrome browser, click on the Options button on the upper-right of the page.
2. From the list of available options, click Settings.
3. On the Settings page, click Privacy and security from the left column of options.
4. Under the Privacy and security section, click Clear browsing data.
5. On the Clear browsing data pop-up, scope the Time range to All Time, make sure the box next to Cached images and files is selected, and uncheck any other boxes. Then click Clear data.
6. Close Chrome completely and restart the application. Now log back into your RepairQ location and check to see if your issue persists.