New with RepairQ 1.11, Ticket Custom Forms are receiving another big upgrade with the ability to store files and images via two new input types. Capture and display images on ticket forms, or upload documents for record keeping purposes.
This article will walk you through setting up a new custom form to import images or files during the repair process. This would be used to take pictures of the repair device pre-repair, during repair, or post-repair, as well as upload any supporting documents that may be relevant to the ticket.
Cloud storage is provided at no additional cost during the beta period while we gauge the amount of storage required to support your uploaded images & files. Pricing for cloud storage will available soon.
How to enable image and file uploads
- Navigate to Location Settings or Company Settings > Custom Forms, and then select "Add Custom Form". (Be aware that if you create this form in Location Settings, it will only be available at the Location it is created at.)
- Fill out the different fields with something similar to the following image. We recommend enabling it for all ticket types, because you may want to upload files for the others as well. Then click "Save Field Group Settings".
TIP: We recommend keeping "Required When" as "Never", because you may not want images to be required for every ticket.
- Then you will need to add Form Fields to the new form you just created. Click the "Select field to add to the group" dropdown box.
- Select "Image" to add a field for image uploads.
- Label the field something like "Images of Device" and put a description in the box if you'd like. Mark it as "Print Visible" so the images can be printed, and "Active" so it shows up in tickets.
- Click the "Select field to add to the group" dropdown box. Select "File" to add a field for image uploads.
- Label the field something like "Additional Files" and put a description in the box if you'd like. Mark it as "Print Visible" so the files can be printed, and "Active" so it shows up in tickets.
- Click the "Preview Form" button to get an idea of what the form will look like.
- Test your form out! Create a repair ticket. Attach a customer and repair device. You will see your new custom form with a pencil-shaped "Edit" button on the far right. Click that.
- Drag and drop your images and files into the form, or click the two buttons to browse your computer for the images and files you wish to upload.
- Once you have selected an image, you can crop it so the entire image will not be uploaded if you don't want it to.
- Click "Save and Submit" on the form. When you advance the ticket status, managers will have the ability to view or print the images and files you uploaded from the ticket view screen.