You must complete these steps before your device is active and ready to use.
Activating your Bluefin P2PE Device
There are 5 areas that are covered in this document
- How to login to the POI Manager
- How to change your password
- Receiving and inspecting your shipment
- Deploying the device
- Documentation and Compliance
How to login to the P2PE Manager
The POI manager is where you will control the state of your devices. The website is found at https://bluefin.p2pemanager.com
. Prior to your device being shipped, the Custodian (your company’s P2PE point person) of the P2PE device will have received a login to the POI Manager via email from Bluefin. The subject of that email is
Bluefin: P2PE POI Manager: Account Created.
Enter your User Name and Password from the email in to the corresponding fields of the website.
How to Change Your Password
Once you login to the POI Manager we recommend you change your password. To do this you will click on the profile link next to your name at the top right of the page.
Inside the change password area you will be able to review your information and make any update necessary as well as change your password. Insert the password that was sent to you by Bluefin and create a new personalized password.
Receiving and Inspecting Your Shipment1. At the top of the page click on the Shipments button. On this page you will see all of the shipments that have been sent to you from Bluefin.
3. Click on the “Receive” button next to the device
4. Open the box but do not open the tamper bag. Your P2PE hardware will be wrapped in a tamper evident bag with a numbered tamper seal on the closure. You will need to input information from both the hardware unit and tamper seal into the P2PE Manager. Do not remove the device from the bag until after step 6.
5. Look through the bag to find the serial number on the device and tamper label number from the outside of the bag.
Activating Your Device
1. Navigate to the “Devices” tab
2. Locate the device that you would like to activate and click on the pencil icon on the left
3. Change the “Device State” to “Activating” and press “Save”
NOTE: Once you begin processing cards, your device will automatically change from “Activating” to “Active”
Now you are ready to plug in your new P2PE device and continue to follow the RepairQ setup instructions found here.
If you have any questions or concerns please call Bluefin Technical Support at 1800-675-6573