Introduction to Qpop™ Companion
Qpop™ is a customer-facing application used to interact and engage with your customers at the point of sale. Qpop promotes interaction with the customer during the sales process by:
- Displaying in-store advertisements and promotions.
- Displaying real-time ticket details for the customer to view.
- Presenting electronic forms and waivers for the customer to read and acknowledge.
- Capturing electronic signatures for payments taken by an integrated payment device.
Qpop is browser-based, so no expensive proprietary hardware is required. Select your preferred tablet or touchscreen device, pair it with your RepairQ location, and get started!
How Do I Add a Qpop Companion?
Users with the Location Admin role or higher can create and/or edit Qpop devices. Users with the Shift Lead role or higher can pair and launch Qpop. Be sure to check out Qpop™ Companion System Requirements and Qpop™ Companion - Recommended Image Resolutions before continuing setup.
Optional Steps and Additional Resources
- Qpop 103:Sending Custom Forms to Qpop Companion
- Qpop 104: Enabling Signature Capture for Integrated Payment Transactions
- Qpop Troubleshooting
Adding a Qpop Companion to RepairQ
1. Log into your RepairQ location on your computer. On the RepairQ Navigation Bar, go to Settings -> Location Settings.
2. On the Settings Overview page, the left column lists different settings categories. Click on Qpop to expand the options and select Qpop Companions.
3. On the Qpop Companions page, click Set up a Qpop Companion.
4. Give your companion a name (without any special characters). Select the location this companion will be used, and enter a description to add any specific details about this device.
5. If you would like to add your own images to your Qpop Companion, click the Idle Screen Image to edit the image that will show on the companion when idle.
6. Drag and drop images from your computer to the Image Upload Box for graphics that you wish to upload. You can also click the box to browse files on your computer. For best results, see Qpop™ Companion - Recommended Image Resolutions for sizing your images correctly.
When you upload an image, the preview will show on the companion screen in RepairQ.
Alternatively, you can also click Add from library to select an image that has been previously uploaded to your Qpop Image Library. The Idle-Screen pop-up will allow you to select an image with a preview. Click Add Image to assign the image to your Qpop Companion.
Note: You can upload up to five images which will cycle when Qpop is idle.
7. Click the Ticket Summary Image to edit the image that will show when you are viewing a ticket.
8. Drag and drop images from your computer to the Image Upload Box for graphics that you wish to upload. You can also click the box to browse files on your computer or click Add from library to select a previously uploaded image. When you select an image, the preview will show on the companion screen in RepairQ.
9. Once you are satisfied with your changes, click Save to finish creating your companion.
10. If you need to make changes to your Companion, you can navigate to Location Settings -> Qpop -> Qpop Companions to view your list of devices. Click the Edit button to make any changes to your device's name, assignment, or images, and click Save when you are satisfied with your updates.
START 1.18.X MIG