With RepairQ 1.18.13, users on our Advanced and Professional plans can capture marketing consent from customers. Stores that share marketing data with a third party can obtain customer consent via an Express Consent pop-up during the checkout process. Admins can customize the form details, and users can update customer consent at any time by editing the Customer Profile or when a customer is added to a ticket.
Consent form content can be found in your Analytics Reports, and, by using the automated report feature, this information can be sent to the third party directly.
Note: The marketing consent details from this feature are separate from the option to receive marketing from your store. To view customers that have given consent for marketing at your store, check out the article, Reports: Marketing List.
Express Consent Setup
1. From the RepairQ Navigation Bar, go to Settings -> Company Settings.
2. On the Settings Overview page, click the Customers section on the left column of categories. From the settings dropdown, click General Settings.
3. On the Customer General Settings screen, select the prompt behaviors for the Express Consent pop-up.
- Prompt for (and require) consent when adding a customer to a ticket that has previously selected "No". - If the customer has previously declined third-party marketing consent, this will prompt the staff member to ask the customer again.
- Prompt for (and require) consent when adding a customer to a ticket that has not previously selected a response. - If there is no preference set for marketing consent, this will prompt the staff member to ask the customer for consent.
- Hide option to close prompt for consent - If toggled "On" the Express Consent pop-up cannot be dismissed; a selection must be made. When toggled "Off" the user can close the window without a selection.
4. Customize the pop-up form details by adding information in the following fields:
- Title - Create a title for the Express Consent pop-up.
- Yes Option - The text here will show on the button that directs the customer to allow consent.
- No Option - The text here will show on the button that directs the customer to decline consent.
- Description - Add an explanation for why you are requesting consent from the customer.
- Disclaimer - Add a statement that specifies the scope of rights and obligations of the agreement.
5. After you have made your selections, click the Save button to submit your changes.
Requesting Express Consent from a Customer
After third-party marketing settings have been configured, there are two ways of initiating Express Consent.
Request Express Consent When Creating a Customer Profile
When creating a customer, staff will see a new link on the General Information tab. Next to the "Receive external marketing" section, click Preference not set to bring up the express form.
The form will appear in a pop-up where the staff member can ask the customer for consent and record their answer.
After making the selection, the link will update with the answer to the form. You can click the link again at any time to update the customer's consent preference.
Requesting Express Consent from a Ticket
When adding a customer to the ticket, the user will be prompted to ask the customer for consent. The answer will be recorded on the Customer Profile.
START 1.18.X MIG