Adding Staff Members in RepairQ
The benefits of adding individual Staff Members include:
- Managers can track the actions of each user in the System Log so they know when things happen and who was responsible.
- Staff Members can have Roles assigned to them for single or multiple locations, allowing them specific permissions and actions in RepairQ.
- Each user can Clock In/Out of RepairQ with their own timesheet. This allows managers to track hours worked and maintain an accurate Profitability Report.
- Users can have their pay rate assigned, which helps in calculating labor costs.
- Tickets can be attributed to staff members, to track commissions or bonuses based on productivity.
- Changing Your RepairQ Subscription
- Adding and Deactivating a Location
- Location Settings Overview
- Roles and Permissions
Adding a Staff Member
1. On the RepairQ Navigation Bar, click Staff -> + Staff.
2. Alternatively, when viewing the Staff Overview page, click +Add New Staff on the right side of the page.
3. Enter all applicable naming details for your Staff Member at your discretion. At a minimum, the required fields to create a User are:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email - Used for Password resets and Notifications.
- PIN - This can be numeric or alphanumeric. Staff members should not share their PINs, as this will be used to log in to RepairQ under their unique Username.
- Confirmation PIN
Note: Other fields in the details area allow you to add contact information used for notifications that can be sent via SMS to the User.
4. Under Employee Information, enter any details for the User including Manager/Shif Lead assignees, Pay Rate, Max Discount allowance, and if the Staff Member is required to Clock In/Out when using RepairQ.
Note: Hourly Pay Rate is used in calculating your Profitability Reporting.
5. Under Roles, select all roles the Staff Member will have for each location. Any non-Admin must have at least one role assigned to them to log in. Users can have more than one role, and all Roles have default access to the following operations:
- Clocking In/Out
- Viewing Your Profile
- Performing a Price Check
- Customers - View Customer lists, create new Customers, update Customer Profiles, add Customer Notes, and Customer Devices
- Inventory - View, Add to Tickets
- Tickets - View Ticket Queues, create new Tickets, and update Ticket information and Status
- Ticket Notes - View, create, and update
- Ticket Items - View, create, update, add/remove Inventory
Check out Staff Roles Permissions for a breakdown of each role's set of permissions.
Note: Adding Admin access will grant the User full access to your environment for all locations. Accountant Access will grant the User view-only access to tickets and reporting for accounting purposes.
6. Under IP Whitelist click on Add New IP to add a connection name and approved IP address. This is an approved list of IP addresses to manage where your Staff Member can access RepairQ. This adds a level of security to your database by granting users access from specific terminals. If you do not know the IP Address of your terminal, hover over the Tooltip on the IP Address column. You can add additional addresses for multiple locations and terminals.
Note: You can grant access from any location by adding the IP Address "*.*.*.*". Admins are not required to have an assigned IP Address.
7. Once you are satisfied with fields and selections, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Deactivating a Staff Member
Deactivating a User will restrict their access to RepairQ and increase your available User Count by 1.
We recommend deactivation rather than removing all roles and IP Addresses since this does not properly update your User Count and may cause issues when updating your RepairQ Subscription.
1. On the RepairQ Navigation Bar, click Staff -> View Staff.
2. Locate the User you would like to deactivate, and click the Edit button under the Actions column.
3. Under Employee Information, click on the Status dropdown and select Terminated/Not Employed.
4. Click Save at the bottom of the page.
START 1.18.X MIG