Adding staff members gives you the following benefits:
- RepairQ tracks the actions of each user/staff member in the log so that you always know when something happened, and who was responsible.
- Each user can have specific permissions in the system. e.g. a manager can do things that other users can't (change settings, view reports, void tickets, etc.), a tech can only work with customers and tickets, etc.
- Each user can have their own timesheet; they can clock-in/out in the system
- Each user can have their own pay rate - which helps the system calculate your labor costs
- Ticket items can be attributed to staff members e.g. if a sales person makes commission on merchandise, or if a tech makes a bonus for doing more repairs
There are a couple of ways to begin the process of adding a new user to your RepairQ:
1.Navigate to the "+ Staff" button from the "Staff" dropdown at the top navbar.
2. Or, on the Staff page, click the "+ Add New Staff" button.
To start, enter their contact info and preferred method of contact. If you have email and/or text available, then system notifications can reach them even when they aren't in front of a terminal.
Staff members should have a pin that only they know. You use your pin# to login to the system and to clock-in/out on your timesheet.
- You can place employees under other managers, or shift leads.
- Set their hourly pay rate - this will be important for the system to accurately calculate your profitability
- Maximum Discount - Set the maximum discount dollar or percentage amount they can offer customers without manager approval
- Require them to clock-in/out, or not, when they log into the system
All users have some basic functionality, and you have 4 roles available that you can set for each staff member for each of your locations. Each staff member can have more than one role at a time.
All Logged in Users
- Clock in/out (if timesheet flag is set for staff member)
- Update profile settings
- Customers – view, create, update customers, customer notes, & customer devices
- Inventory – view, add to ticket
- Tickets – view, create, update ticket information & status
- Tickets – view, create, update ticket notes
- Tickets – view, create, update ticket items & pull from/return to inventory
- Tickets – view queues repairs, refurbs, completed refurbs, on hold, pending notification, completed
The Location Advisor is someone that requires read-only access to store information. This role is usually reserved for an area/regional manager that would have access to view information but cannot change or create new data. This user is location-specific and is added as a staff member only to the locations they need access to view. A Location Advisor has global access to the catalog for updating and adding new items to stores. Read-only access applies to:
- Ticket Queue
- Customer Lists
- All Reports
- Cash Reconciliation
- Catalog Item Location Overrides
The Advanced, Professional, and "Legacy Enterprise" plans include the Enterprise Invoicing feature which adds the Invoicing Role. This role allows a user to create an invoice for a customer or Billing Agent, remit payments on invoices, and view the Receivables and Invoice Aging Reports.
Sales Representative (CSR)
The CSR is the first point of contact for a customer. The CSR interacts with the customer in the retail store environment. The CSR helps the customer find products (phone, accessory, etc) to purchase. The CSR creates a “Work Order” or “Repair Ticket” to document the problems that exist with a customer device that has been brought in for repair. They may add products and services on a ticket and collect payment(s).
- Ticket – apply discount up to discount limit set in staff settings
- Ticket – process pay in/pay out transactions
- Inventory – purchase used inventory from customer via Tradein ticket
The TECH typically works in the back room and may not interact with the customer. They spend most of their time repairing customer devices or refurbishing devices that were purchased from customers so they can be sold as used inventory. The TECH may also have to special order a custom part from a supplier that will be needed for a repair. The TECH will add parts to a ticket or pull/return parts that were previously added to a ticket by the CSR if the CSR selected the wrong part(s) for a repair. The TECH can also record the actual labor hours required for the repair for productivity tracking and reporting. The TECH can add notes to a ticket as he works on a device. He may also help with periodic inventory count/reconciliation.
- Tickets – record actual labor hours for productivity tracking & reporting
- Inventory – add notes/update inventory condition/update inventory status (complete refurb ticket)
Shift Lead (SL)
The SL will probably be a CSR or TECH who has extra responsibilities to manage other employees. The SL will be required to override any voided tickets or discounts that exceed the staff member’s discount limit. The SL will be required to open a Virtual Terminal at the beginning of a CSR shift and close a Virtual Terminal at the end of a CSR shift. The SL will use a cash drawer reconciliation form to balance out the beginning and ending cash in the drawer.
- Ticket override capability (void, discount, etc.)
- Open, transfer, and close virtual terminal (cash drawer)
The inventory manager will probably be a CSR or TECH who has extra responsibilities to manage inventory.
- Manage inventory settings
- Manage inventory items
- Used inventory – view completed refurb queue
- Used inventory – add notes, update inventory condition, and update inventory status (set list price)
- Restock inventory
- Reconcile inventory
- Reports – view inventory usage report
- Reports – low inventory report
The Manager is responsible for day-to-day operations and decision-making for a store. A manager has staff access for adding new employees and assigning their location, viewing time cards, and creating staff announcements. Managers have full access for tickets and inventory, limited settings access, and restricted catalog access.
- Cash Reconciliation
- Customers -Manage customer credit accounts
- Inventory - Add/Edit/Delete items
- Inventory Counts/transfers/purchase orders
- Reporting - View all
- Staff - Add staff/assign location/view time sheets
- Tickets - Create/edit/discount/waive charges/void
The Location Admin is responsible for all store operations such as staff management, store settings management, and making store level decisions. The Location Admin role receives full permissions for all store-level actions. This role is ideal for a store owner.
- Customers - Manage customer credit accounts
- Catalog - Manage catalog items/manage location overrides
- Inventory - Add/edit/delete inventory
- Reports - View all reports
- Settings - Manage settings
- Staff - Add, edit, or delete Announcements/Manage staff
- Timesheet - View/edit timesheets
- Waive charges for a ticket item
Depending on your business practices, you can mix and match these Roles as you see fit.
You need to add an entry for each IP address the staff member use to be able to access RepairQ. If you want to provide access to any staff members outside of their assigned locations, you can add additional IP addresses that they will be able to log in from.
- You can find your current IP address at any time with a google search.
- If you want to grant access from anywhere, add a wildcard entry like this: *.*.*.*