If you do not have a cash terminal assigned to the physical device you are logged into, then you will not be able to record any payments. We have a Virtual Cash Terminal (VCT) system that allows you to assign any device as a terminal that can receive payments (usually you have a cash drawer attached)
Setting it up the first time...
- Make sure the location you are logged into has a number greater than zero on the "Number of Terminals" field.
- Your location info is under settings > Locations
- Set this number to how many terminals you plan to use to receive payments in your location.
- Create or rename your cash terminals however you wish
Setting it up every time...
- At the top-right of the user-interface, in the black admin bar, there is an "Assign VCT" link. Click it to view your available Virtual Cash Terminals.
- Choose one to assign to your device and click "assign"
- Select which payment types you want to be able to receive on this device.
- If you choose to receive credit card payments, you can also choose to reconcile all credit card payments from the entire location on one terminal. A lot of shops only have 1 or 2 card readers, so you have this feature available to make reconciling your credit cards a little bit easier.
- Enter your beginning cash-on-hand (in the cash drawer)
- Now click Start