To cash out for the day, you need to close all of your Virtual Cash Terminals (VCTs). Only the shift lead or manager have permission to do this in the system.
Closing out a cash drawer (we call them VCTs)
In the admin bar at the top-right of any screen, you can see the name of the cash terminal you have assigned to that computer.
- Hover over the terminal name, and in the drop-down menu click "Close VCT"
- OR you can click on the name of the terminal to go to the the cash terminals page to view all the terminals for your location and their current status. From here you can close terminals as well.
- When you click to close a VCT, you will see the "Daily Cash Register Reconciliation" sheet
- Enter the quantity of each denomination of bill and coins
- Enter the totals for each credit card type (from your credit card processors reconciliation receipt)
- Enter totals for any other payment types (e.g. store credit, check, etc.)
- At the bottom of the screen you will see totals for each payment method and how much you are over or short
- When you are finished, click the "Close" button at the bottom of the sheet.
- You will be redirected to the record of this report where you can print the sheet if desired. All Reconciliation sheets are saved in the system, and you can look up old sheets in the reports section of your app.