Locations aren't just a way to store your address and organize your data, we have a number of powerful settings available for each of your locations that we would love to see you take full advantage of.
Click on the gear icon in the menu, then "All Settings".
Navigate to "Locations" on the left side of the screen.
Click "Add Location" and fill out all the information, or edit an existing location by clicking the appropriate "Edit" button under the Actions column.
Every state has different laws regarding sales tax, value added tax, and how they apply to services, parts used in repairs, and merchandise. We have given you the ability to set a tax rate for merchandise, and a tax rate for services (if it applies).
Check out this article for more information on proper tax management, including how to copy tax settings from another store.
Overhead Rate (hourly)
To help you better calculate your profitability we have added a field where you can enter your overhead costs for each location. Here is how we recommend you calculate this number:
- Add up all of your monthly bills for a location, i.e. rent, internet, cleaning, etc.
- If you have any bills/expenses that are not billed monthly, divide them down to a monthly equivalent
- Divide that sum by your total hours of operation for a month. We have found somewhere in the vicinity of 250 hours a month to be the industry average.
- This number is your hourly overhead rate, plug this into the "Overhead Rate" field.
By calculating everything with an hourly rate you will be able to monitor break-even/profitability progress down to the current day (you can also view for the week, month, quarter, and year). The system will automatically calculate the rest of the important numbers:
- total revenue = income + other income
- total costs = cost of goods + returns & allowances + indirect labor + operating costs(overhead rate)
Set how many Virtual Cash Terminals you plan to use at that location. Virtual Cash Terminals are devices you will use to receive payments (usually attached to a cash drawer). For more information about VCTs, see the How to Accept Payments article
Customer Marketing/Notification Settings
Use these options to control whether customer marketing or notification settings are turned on or off by default.
Hours of Operation
Setting your hours of operation will help the system calculate your indirect labor costs.
Warning and Critical Time Limits
With these sections you can set time limits for each ticket status. The system starts a timer when a ticket reaches a new status, and if it stays with that status for too long then the system will warn you about it. You can customize these time limits for each location.