Owners often want to manage and limit the capabilities of their staff members based on their staff's responsibilities.
We have accounted for these situations, and have given owners the opportunity to give their staff members certain capabilities based on their positions. We call these "roles", and here is what you need to know about assigning roles to your staff.
Every staff member assigned a role at a location, or given admin access, is granted access to these capabilities:
- Clock in/out
- Update profile settings
- Perform a price check
- View, create, or update customers
- View, create, or update customer notes
- View, create, or update customer devices
Inventory & Tickets
- Inventory – view, add to ticket
- Inventory - perform counts
- Tickets – view, create, update ticket information & status
- Tickets – view, create, update ticket notes
- Tickets – view, create, update ticket items & pull from / return to inventory
- Tickets – view Ticket Queue
- Tickets- print/email/SMS ticket receipt
- Tickets - process a sale return
- Tickets - process a return repair
Location Based Roles
The following roles are assignable to your staff on an individual basis. Each role adds certain capabilities, and you can assign a staff member one or more roles at each location.
Note: The Enterprise Plan allows for customizing the permissions for each role.
With the Enterprise Plan, the Enterprise Invoicing feature adds the Invoicing role. This role allows a user to create an invoice for a customer or Billing Agent, remit payments on invoices, and view the Receivables and Invoice Aging Reports.
Sales Representative (CSR)
The CSR is the first point of contact for a customer. The CSR interacts with the customer in the retail store environment. The CSR helps the customer find products (phone, accessory, etc) to purchase. The CSR creates a “work order” or “repair ticket” to document the problems that exist with a customer device that has been brought in for repair. He may add products and services on a ticket and collect payment(s).
- Ticket – apply discount up to discount limit set in staff settings
- Ticket – process pay in/pay out transactions
- Inventory – purchase used inventory from customer via Tradein ticket
The TECH typically works in the back room and may not interact with the customer. The TECH spends most of his/her time repairing customer devices or refurbishing devices that were purchased from customers so they can be sold as used inventory. The TECH will add parts to a ticket or he may pull / return parts that were previously added to a ticket by the CSR if the CSR selected the wrong part(s) for a repair. The TECH can also record the actual labor hours required for the repair for productivity tracking and reporting. The TECH can add notes to a ticket as he works on a device. He may also help with periodic inventory count / reconciliation.
- Tickets – record actual labor hours for productivity tracking & reporting
- Tickets- transfer ticket to another location
- Inventory – add notes / update inventory condition / update inventory status (complete refurb ticket)
Shift Lead (SL)
The SL will probably be a CSR or TECH who has extra responsibilities to manage other employees. The SL will be required to void tickets or apply discounts that exceed the staff member’s discount limit. The SL will be required to open a VCT at the beginning of the day and close a VCT at the end of the day. The SL will use a cash drawer reconciliation form to balance out the beginning and ending cash in the drawer.
- Tickets - Void/discount tickets
- Ticket Item - waive charges
- Timesheets - View staff timesheets
- VCT - Open and close VCTs
- Waive charges for a ticket item
The Inventory Manager is a CSR or TECH who has extra responsibilities to manage inventory.
- Catalog - Manage catalog items
- Catalog - Manage location overrides
- Inventory - Add new inventory
- Inventory - Edit existing inventory
- Inventory - Delete inventory
- Inventory Counts - Assign/Reconcile Inventory Counts
- Purchase Order - Create/Edit Purchase Orders and Inventory Transfers
- RMA Tracking - Create/Reconcile RMA Batches
The Manager is responsible for store operations such as staff management, store settings management, and making store level decisions. The manager role receives full permissions for all store-level actions.
- Customers - Manage customer credit accounts
- Reports - View all reports
- Settings - Manage settings
- Staff - Manage staff
- Timesheet - View/edit timesheets
- Waive charges for a ticket item
In addition to assigning these roles, there are a couple of special access types: Admin Access (an option that grants overriding access to all areas of the system for all locations), Accountant Access (an option that grants view-only access to tickets and reports for accounting purposes), and No Special Access (the default option that restricts users from administrative access).