Twilio is a third-party service that users can register for, to deliver SMS messages via a purchased phone number. This is a required service to send SMS messages outside of the United States and Canada.
In the US and Canada, RepairQ can send SMS messages for free using the customer's phone number and assigning the carrier's email gateway in their Customer Profile.
You must have a Twilio account and an SMS-capable phone number to enable the integration with RepairQ. If you need to sign up for a Twilio account, click here.
Twilio Account Setup and Credentials
1. If you haven't yet, sign up for Twilio. Make sure to pick a phone number that has SMS capabilities by checking the SMS box before clicking Search to see a good list of compatible numbers.
2. Once you have set up your Twilio account, log in. RepairQ requires three credentials from your Twilio account for integration:
- Your Twilio Account SID
- Your Twilio account Auto Token
- Your Twilio number
Your Account SID and Auth Token can be found by clicking on Show API Credentials.
Your Twilio number can be found by clicking Get your Twilio number.
Twilio Integration in RepairQ
1. On the Navigation Bar, go to Settings -> Company Settings.
2. On the Settings Overview page, click Integrations.
3. On the Integrations page, select Twilio from the Available Integrations section.
4. On the Twilio Integration page, enter your credentials from your Twilio account.
5. Make sure that the checkbox for Enable Twlio is selected. Once you are finished entering your credentials, click Save Twilio Settings.
SMS Notifications in RepairQ
There are certain requirements that will allow for outgoing communications to the customer:
- The Customer Profile must have a phone number added to the SMS Phone field.
- There must be an accurate carrier selected in the SMS Carrier field. If using Twilio, you can select N/A as the carrier. Do not leave this field blank.
- The Receive Notifications field must be set to Yes.
- The Receive SMS Messages checkbox must be selected.
- The ticket has to have a customer attached in order to send a notification.
For additional instructions on how to set up notifications and send them to the customer, see our Knowledge Base articles Sending an SMS Notification to a Customer and Automated Notifications.