The Inventory Valuation Summary and Detail Reports calculate the total cost and price for a set of inventory items.
Viewing Inventory Valuation Reports
1. On the Navigation Bar, go to Reports.
2. On the Reports page, click on the Inventory dropdown along the top row of report categories. From the available list, click Valuation Summary.
3. Use the available filters to scope results based on the assigned parameters.
- Date Range - Select a range of dates for your scope of results.
- Date Type - Use in combination to find items within the date range.
- Date Created - Used to report for inventory items created (added into the system).
- Date Updated - Used to report for inventory items updated in the date range, regardless of when it was added into the system.
- Location - Select a specific location or run an aggregate report for multiple stores.
- Status - Use to filter the report for items in one or more inventory statuses. This looks for items that are currently in the selected status. Select Instock to run a report for items that are in stock during the time the report has run.
- Include Inactive Catalog Items
Note: While consumed inventory statuses (Sold, RMA Credit, Parts Only, Damaged, Shrinkage, Voided) are listed here, the Inventory Usage Reports are recommended for finding the valuation of these items.
The Summary Report will group items by their Item Types and show sum totals of Cost/Price.
The Details Report will group items by their Catalog Item and show sum totals of Cost/Price.
Valuation of Current Instock Inventory
The following set of filters will provide a Valuation Report for current instock levels.
TIP: We recommend exporting this report on some periodic basis to retain the point-in-time snapshot of your inventory.
Finding Old Inventory
In the following example we've added dates to our report (run at the end of the year) that helped us identify stale inventory that may need to be discounted in order to move it.