It is always recommended to start a return repair from an existing, closed repair ticket, but in some cases, you may not always have the original repair ticket available. For this reason, a Manager or Shift Lead has the ability to waive the charge(s) for any ticket item. Waiving a charge will set the price to zero, and the item will show on the Charges Waived Report, so you can track waived items separately from other types of discounts.
1. Create a new Repair Ticket for the customer. On the RepairQ Navigation Bar, go to Tickets -> Repair.
2. Add a repair device, log any notes for the repair, and apply diagnostics.
3. Add any applicable services and parts to the repair ticket.
4. Click the "Waive Charge" button to adjust the price of an item to $0.00. If there are any bundled items, they will also be flagged as waived.
When an item has charges waived, the "Charge Waived" label will show in the "status" column of the line item.
5. Add any additional purchase items, if applicable, and take payment for the amount due. Save the ticket in an appropriate status, or if there is no balance due for the customer, you can move the ticket to Closed status.