This article addresses how to handle items on a Return Repair (rework) ticket that you wish to waive the charge for (i.e. set the price to zero).
There are a number of Return Repair (rework) scenarios that could occur, and we have a detailed walkthrough for the most common ways that return repairs (reworks) are handled.
1. Choose one of the following scenarios:
- Return repair for the same repair service
- Return repair for a different repair service
- Replacing a defective part
- Return repair without the original ticket
2. You can add an item to a Return Repair ticket free of charge in one of two ways: Adding a replacement item, or adding a new item, and waiving the charge.
Adding a Replacement Item
Select the item(s) from the "Replacement Items" list on a new Return Repair ticket by clicking on the "Replace Item" button for the item(s).
Adding a new item, and waiving the charge
Add a new item to the ticket using the ticket one of the scan / search / lookup methods. After the item is added to the ticket, a Shift Lead or Manager can click the "Waive Charge" button to set the price to zero.