This article addresses how to handle items on a Return Repair (rework) ticket that you wish to discount instead of waiving the full charge.
There are a number of Return Repair (rework) scenarios that could occur, and we have a detailed walkthrough for the most common ways that return repairs (reworks) are handled.
1. choose one of the following scenarios:
- Return repair for the same repair service
- Return repair for a different repair service
- Replacing a defective part
- Return repair without the original ticket
2. You can add an item to a Return Repair ticket one of two ways: by adding a replacement item, or by adding a new item to the ticket and waiving the charge.
Adding a Replacement Item
a. Select the item(s) from the "Replacement Items" list on a new Return Repair ticket by clicking on the "Replace Item" button for the item(s).
b. Next, click the "Apply Charge" button for the item, to apply the normal price for the item.
c. Next, apply the discount to the item according to your policy for return repairs.
Adding a new item, and applying a discount
a. Add a new item to the ticket using the ticket one of the scan / search / lookup methods.
b. Next, simply apply the discount to the item according to your policy for return repairs.