To update inventory counts in batches or in full, follow these steps:
1. Go to Inventory Summary
2. Under Inventory Filters:
- Check “Instock”
- Click “Apply Filters.”
3. After the screen reloads to display the filtered result, click Import
4. Next click on the "Inventory Import Template" button
5. The “Instock Qty”, in column F, shows the current quantity of inventory in the instock status for the item.
6. The “Counted Qty”, in column G, is empty, and it is where you will enter your counts for each item.
7. The variance between RepairQ stock and physical count will be tracked in the "Adjustment Qty" column H.
8. Type the formula “=G2-F2” into column H, row 2, and then copy the formula down to all of row H. This formula will subtract physical count from RepairQ instock qty, leaving you with:
- A zero for no variance
- A positive number for extra/found stock
- A negative number for missing stock.
IMPORTANT:RepairQ only includes INSTOCK items in the inventory import template. Any catalog items that carry no instock items will be omitted from the count sheet. If your count discovers items that are NOT on your spreadsheet, simply add new rows to the bottom of the spreadsheet for the missing items, enter the count, and use the adjustment tool to enter the physical count.
There are two options for reconciling variances.
8. Save the import file as a Tab Delimited Text.
9. Select the file and import it into RepairQ.
You are done!
Upon a successful import:
- If the adjustment qty is greater than zero, new inventory items will be added with a status of instock. When adding new stock, the inventory fields for Supplier, Carrier, Condition, Cost and Price, Location, Item Type, Manufacturer, and Catalog Item Name or SKU are required. For serialized items one serial number for each count is required.
- If the adjustment qty is less than zero, inventory items are simply moved from Instock to Shrinkage. For Shrinkage, the only fields that are required are the Location, Item Type, Manufacturer, and Catalog Item Name or SKU. For serialized items one serial number for each count is required.
- If the adjustment qty is zero or blank, the item will be skipped.
RepairQ will report any errors with the import when the import is finished processing. If any errors occur, RepairQ will cancel the import without making any changes so that you can fix the problems with the import file and try again.
For any inventory manager, it is important to understand the way RepairQ segments inventory. This article further explains each inventory status: https://repairq.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202498184-What-does-each-Inventory-Status-do-