This article offers some suggestions on how to track services performed as part of a warranty claim from your customers.
1. Add a new "Warranty Repairs" Item Type
2. Add a new "Warranty Repairs" Manufacturer
3. Add the necessary Catalog Items for the Warranty Repair Services, including customer deductibles.
4. Print a SKU sheet with barcodes for Warranty Services items
5. Create Billing Agent(s) to track the receivables from the warranty provider(s). Give the Agent a Credit Limit for proper reconciliation.
Processing a Claim
1. Create a Repair Ticket. Enter the customer information and choose the appropriate Billing Agent.
2. Add the appropriate warranty service items.
3. Bundle the appropriate part(s) to the warranty service item on the ticket.
4. Add the deductible payment collected from the customer.
5. Advance the repair ticket through your repair workflow until it reaches the Waiting For Payment status.
Reconcile Claim- Manual Payment
Reconcile Claim- Enterprise Invoicing
1. On some periodic basis (i.e. weekly), use the Enterprise Invoicing Module to generate an invoice for all tickets in the "Waiting for Payment” status for the Billing Agent.
2. Add a Store Credit remittance to the invoice so it is paid in full.
3. The credit history for the Billing Agent itemizes the payments remitted against invoices.
4. When a reimbursement check is received from the Billing Agent, record a Balance Adjustment entry to account for the payment received.
1. The Sales Summary by Item Report, when filtered by Item Type of Warranty Repairs, shows an itemized breakdown of all warranty repairs.
2. The Sales Details by Device Report shows an itemized breakdown of all warranty repairs associated with each repair device.
3. The Productivity Repairs by Device Report shows an itemized breakdown of all warranty repairs associated with each repair device.