This walkthrough includes features available with version 1.8.0
1. Look up the ticket
2. Click "start a return" button in the actions section of the ticket page.
3. Select the item being returned by clicking the checkbox next to the item.
4. Add notes to the return item, such as the reason for the return.
5. If only a portion of the price of the item is to be refunded, set the refund price of the item in the Unit Cost field.
Note: If the Unit Cost of a refund item is set to a value greater than the original sale price of the item, the refund price will be set to the original sale price of the item.
6. If the item being returned is inventoried, some additional options will be shown.
- Set the inventory status for the item returning to inventory.
If the item is placed in Pending Refurb or Pending Restock an open refurb ticket will be automatically created for the item. Learn more about managing refurbishments
- Set the condition of the item.
7. Once all of the items being returned have been selected, click the Continue button to add these return items to the ticket. The ticket will now have a negative balance equal to the sum of the return costs of the selected items.
8. If the customer is purchasing items with the return credit, add the items in the Ticket Items section.
9. When issuing a refund, you have the option to refund the original transaction by clicking the yellow Refund icon next to the original transaction or initiate a new payout transaction by clicking on "Add Transaction Form."
Note: A refund can be performed for reconciled integrated Bluefin card payment without the card being present; however, there is a limit of one refund per integrated card transaction.
10. If necessary, select the desired payment method. Either click "Pay in full" or enter the transaction amount. Optionally add a note and click "Submit Payment".
11. Verify the transaction amount. When the ticket balance is $0.00, and save the ticket.
When an item on a ticket has been returned, those items are listed in the "Returned Items" section of the ticket page.