This article covers a feature that will be available in RepairQ 1.9
This article covers how to configure your PAX payment terminal device to work with RepairQ.
The PAX S300 device has the ability to read EMV chip cards, NFC, magnetic strips, and it has a keypad for keyed entry. It is both EMV and P2PE enabled.
The PAX S300 device must have its own connection to the internet, and your point of sale terminal must be able to connect to it over your local network. You must connect it with an ethernet cable to your network.
1) Prepare your computer to communicate with the terminal
Before you will be able to communicate securely with your PAX payment device, you must install the device security certificate on each computer/tablet/phone where you will be processing payments.
Installing the security certificate is a quick process that should only take a minute or so to perform, depending on your operating system.
For step by step instructions on how to install the PAX security certificate on MacOS, Windows, iOS, or Android, click on article below:
2) Set the Date and Time on your PAX Device
a. Open the Menu (func+1). It will ask for the password. The default password is the current date in this format, MMDDYYYY. Depending on the time of day and your time zone, the "current date" of the device may be either the previous day or the next day, so try those two if the current date does not work.
b. Arrow down and select "System Settings".
c. Select "Date/Time Setup".
d. Press the red "X" key to delete the current date, if not correct.
e. Enter date and press the green key.
f. Press the red "X" key to delete the current time, if not correct.
g. Enter time (HHMMSS) using military time and press the green key.
3) Change the LAN type on the device to "DHCP"
When your device is shipped from Bluefin, it comes pre-loaded with the "Static IP" LAN type, and a default IP of 000.000.000.000. This needs to be changed to "DHCP", so your modem/router can assign an IP to the device. Follow the instructions in this article to change it from "Static IP" to "DHCP". Be sure to have the PAX connected to your modem/router, and power cycle your device after making this change for it to take affect.
4) Register your PAX Payment Terminal Device in RepairQ
For step by step instructions on how to register your PAX Payment Terminal Device in RepairQ, click on article below:
5) Test and Verify Setup of PAX Payment Terminal Device
For step by step instructions on how to verify setup of your PAX Payment Terminal Device in RepairQ, click on article below:
6) OPTIONAL: Change the LAN type on the device BACK to "Static IP"
Depending on your local network, you may need to set your PAX device to use either Static LAN Mode or DHCP LAN mode. We strongly recommend you use Static IP mode on your PAX device to prevent the IP address from changing unexpectedly and interrupting your payment processing. If your router/modem assigns a new IP address to each device daily, weekly, monthly, etc., you will need to assign a static IP to the PAX.
Processing Payments on the PAX Payment Device
For a walk through on processing payments with the PAX device, see How to: Process a payment on the PAX S300 Device
If when trying to run a test transaction, you receive an error message:
- Check to make sure the IP address and port were entered properly.
- Ping the device from a Mac computer.
- Make sure you have the correct certificate installed.
- Make sure you have the latest update installed.
- A bad DNS route could be cached by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Some ISPs take 15 minutes or longer before the issue resolves itself. To resolve this issue, try using Google's DNS servers: 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
Default settings for the PAX S300:
- The default password for your PAX device is the current date, unless you decide to change it. It will be in this format MMDDYYYY. We strongly recommend you set your own password on each device.
- Depending on the version of the software application installed on your device, the Menu button may be disabled. This is because the PAX S300 is built to be a customer-facing device with limited accessibility. To enter the menu at any time, press the "FUNC" and "1" buttons at the same time.