This article covers how to install security certificate from your PAX device onto your Mac.
This step needs to be performed on each computer that needs to communicate with any PAX payment terminal devices.
Downloading the PAX Device Security Certificate
Click this link to download the certificate. The file will be named something like "ca.repairq.io.cer". You can also download this certificate by navigating to Location Settings -> Payments -> Payment Devices -> Download Security Certificate.
Installing the PAX Device Security Certificate
1. Open up your keychain app on your Mac.
2. Click on "System" in the "Keychain" section on the left side of the window.
3. Now in the main menu click "File > Import Items"
4. Find the ca.repairq.io.cer file you downloaded, and select it for import.
5. After importing the file, double click on the row with the name "ca.repairq.io.cer". This will open up a window with the certificate details
6. Click on the "Trust" toggle arrow, then for the option labeled "When using this certificate:" select "Always Trust"
You now have the PAX Device's certificate installed and trusted on your Mac, and your Mac will now be able to communicate with your PAX Device(s) securely.
7. Test the certificate to verify it is installed and configured properly.
A) Open a web browser and browse to https://test.term.repairq.io
B) You should not get any security warnings and there should be small green lock icon in the URL bar next to the URL if it is configured properly.