If you are utilizing Bluefin or Heartland for payment integration in RepairQ, you will need to download and install a Security Certificate on each computer that will communicate with a PAX device.
This tutorial will guide you through the process of downloading, installing, and testing the required certificate.
- Registering a Bluefin PAX Payment Terminal Device in RepairQ
- Registering a Heartland PAX Payment Terminal Device in RepairQ
- Introduction to Integrated Payments - Start Here!
- Integrated Payments: Connectivity Troubleshooting Resources
- Accepting Integrated Payments on a PAX Terminal Device
Downloading the PAX Security Certificate
1. Click this link to download the certificate. The file will be named "ca.repairq.io.cer".
2. In the Downloads folder on your computer, double-click the downloaded certificate to begin the installation.
Installing the PAX Security Certificate
1. After opening the file, there will be a pop-up for the Certificate Import Wizard. Click Open to begin the process.
Testing the PAX Security Certificate
1. In Chrome, browse to https://test.term.repairq.io