This article illustrates how to process a payment using the PAX S300/D210/A80 device as of RepairQ 1.15.8.
Assigning the device to a VCT (Virtual Cash Terminal)
You can set the payment terminal device when you assign a cash terminal. This will set the default credit card payment behavior as well as which terminal the VCT should communicate with to process payments.
Authorizing a payment
For RepairQ to properly connect to your PAX device, the S300/D210 Must be on the main screen. You will see either the "PAX" logo or "Protected by Bluefin." On the A80, the Bluefin App needs to be open and on the main screen for RepairQ to communicate with the terminal.
1) Create a Sale or Repair Ticket normally.
2) To quickly process a payment for the balance due, click on the "Request Payment" button in the Transactions section. A new payment window will pop up, notifying you that it is requesting the payment at the terminal.
- OR you can click the Add transaction form.
Select the credit card payment method, then select the payment terminal you wish to process the payment on, enter the amount you wish to charge, and click "Request Payment."
3) You will see a "Payment Request" window popup on your screen.
Meanwhile, the customer or staff member will see prompts on the PAX device walking them through the steps to process the payment.
RepairQ will let you know to request the customer's signature on either the payment device or Qpop, depending on which you selected. For more info on that, check out this article.
4) The payment window will close once the payment authorization was successful. The payment authorization is run as a sale and the RepairQ ticket is auto-saved.
With the RepairQ 1.12 release, any time an integrated payment is processed, the ticket will be automatically saved for you. Now, even if you accidentally close the window or navigate away after processing a payment, RepairQ has you covered.
Ticket Status: New
In order to facilitate ticket auto-saves, a new ticket status labeled “new” was added to RepairQ. Whenever a new ticket is auto-saved, the ticket will be saved into the “new” status where you will then have the ability to save it into a different status depending on your workflow.
You also have the option to change the label from “New” to whatever you choose in your ticket status label settings. To do this, navigate to All Settings-->Ticket Statuses. Edit the status you wish to change and click Save Ticket Labels.