This article covers how to register your Heartland PAX payment terminal device in RepairQ. If you are interested in signing up to process payments with Heartland, click here to fill out the application.
If you don't have a Payment Method created for Heartland, we will walk you through that process first. If you DO have a Heartland Payment Method already, skip ahead to Step 5.
(For Bluefin PAX users, click here for instructions on how to register your device in RepairQ.)
1. Navigate to your RepairQ Location Settings page.
2. Navigate to the Payment Methods settings under the "Payments" drop-down.
3. Click "Add Payment Method" to create.
4. Add the Payment Method:
Name it something like "Credit Card (Heartland)".
Select Type: Credit Card
Select Gateway: Heartland
Add a Payments Account if necessary
Add a priority if necessary
5. Now let's add the Payment Device. Navigate to your RepairQ Locations Settings page.
6. Navigate to the Payment Devices settings under the "Payments" drop-down.
7. On the Payment Terminal Devices page, click the "Add a Payment Device" button to add a new payment device or click "Edit" on the device you'd like to adjust.
8. Fill out the form for a new payment device or make adjustments to an existing payment device.
- Give the terminal a descriptive name. This is the name that will be used for selecting the device in the point of sale.
- Choose the PAX as the device model.
- Select Payment Method: Credit Card (Heartland)
- IP Address
To retrieve the PAX Device IP address:
- Click the Menu button on the PAX terminal screen or press the "FUNC" and "1" button at thesame time.
- Enter your password. (The default password is usually 916860)
- Scroll down one page and click on "Communication."
- Enter your password.
- Scroll down one page and click on "LAN Parameters."
- Click on "IP Address"
- Copy the IP address listed on screen into the "IP Address" field on the device settings form in RepairQ. When entering the IP address into RepairQ, remove any "left zero padding" from the IP groups. For example, if the IP address listed is "172.016.001.180" you should enter "172.16.1.180" into RepairQ.
- Put 10009 in for the port, unless specified otherwise by RepairQ or Heartland support.
- Choose whether or not you wish to require an electronic signature for payments.
To Retrieve Hosts Settings
On your PAX device, navigate to Menu > 4. Hosts Settings > 1. Hosts Parameters
1. Click the Menu button on the PAX terminal screen, or press the "FUNC" and "1" button at the same time.
2. Enter your password. (The default password is usually 916860)
3. Click on "Hosts Settings."
4. Enter your password.
5. Click "Hosts Parameters."
6. Each option will correspond with the Parameters needed in RepairQ. To go back to the Host Parameters main page, press the red, Cancel button (or back arrow) twice. You will need to page-down for the Password.
9. Save the form to create your payment terminal device. Repeat for any additional Heartland devices.
10. We highly recommend you change your PAX device to use "Static LAN Mode" because your network may assign a new IP address to your device every day/week/month/etc. Click here to find out how.
Next step: Run a test transaction.