Heartland Integrated Payments
Integrated Payment Systems gives users a secure solution for accepting payments on a payment terminal and seamlessly posting those transactions to a RepairQ ticket. This streamlines the checkout process and reduces accounting errors when compared to manually recording transactions on tickets. Heartland Payment integration is available for customers in the United States.
If you are interested in accepting payments with Heartland, click here to fill out the application.
Once you have downloaded and installed the PAX Security Certificate, you are ready to add your device and integration credentials into RepairQ.
- Integrated Payments Setup: Performing a Test Transaction with a PAX Terminal Device
- Integrated Payment Setup: Assigning Your PAX to a VCT and Processing Payments
- Integrated Payments Setup: PAX Security Certificate Installation
- Integrated Payment Devices: Find the IP Address Assigned to Your Bluefin PAX S300
- Integrated Payments Setup: Retrieving Host Settings on a Heartland PAX S300
Additional Payment Resources
Note: Adding a Heartland Payment Terminal to RepairQ requires the initial process of establishing a Heartland Payment Method. If you have previously created the payment method and are adding additional devices, skip to Adding Your Heartland Payment Device.
Setting up a Heartland Payment Method in RepairQ
1. Log into the RepairQ location that will be using the Heartland integration. On the Navigation Bar, go to Settings -> Location Settings.
2. On the Settings Overview screen, click on the Payments category dropdown on the left column. On the list of options, click Payment Methods.
3. On the Payment Methods page, click Add Payment Method on the right side.
4. On the Payment Method screen, begin filling out the fields.
- Name - Assign a name to identify your payment method. For example, "Credit Card (Heartland)."
- Type - Credit Card
- Gateway - Heartland
- Payments Account - (Optional) If this payment method requires a different account than you have configured in your Journal Entry Classifications, you can assign it here.
- Priority - (Optional) This determines the order of Payment Methods on the Overview screen. You can assign a number, beginning at zero, to rearrange the order of methods. Lower numbers will sit higher on the list.
- Is Active - Check this box to activate the payment method. To deactivate the payment method, uncheck the box.
5. When you are satisfied with your settings, click Save.
6. After saving your settings, the Heartland payment method will show on the Payment Method Overview screen.
Adding Your Heartland Payment Device
1. On the Navigation Bar, go to Settings -> Location Settings.
2. On the Settings Overview screen, click on the Payments category dropdown on the left column. On the list of options, click Payment Devices.
3. On the Payment Terminal page, click Add a Payment Device on the right side.
4. On the Payment Terminal screen, begin filling out the fields for your device.
- Name - Assign a name to identify your payment device. This will be used when assigning your device to a Virtual Cash Terminal (VCT).
- Payment Method- Select the Heartland Payment Method that you created in the above steps.
- Hardware - Choose the device model: PAX S300
- IP Address - Enter the IP Address assigned to this device. For instructions on locating this information, see Integrated Payments - Identifying a PAX Device's IP Address.
- IP Port - 10009
- Signature Source - Select whether to accept signatures for payments on your payment terminal or with Qpop Companion.
- Require Signature - Check this box if you would like to require an electronic signature for payments.
5. Enter the Host and Parameters section, based on the information written down when retrieving host settings on a Heartland PAX S300.
Note: This information is injected into your terminal by your Payment Provider. This information is used for communication between your device and your Payment Gateway. If your password has been changed, you will need to contact Heartland to push the updated information to your PAX.
6. Once you are satisfied with your updates, click Save.
7. After saving your settings, the Heartland payment device will show on the Payment Terminal screen. We recommend performing a test transaction to ensure the device is working properly before opening your VCT.
8. (Optional) After verifying that you are able to accept payments, we recommend changing your PAX device to use Static LAN Mode to ensure optimal connectivity. Check out Changing the LAN Type on a Bluefin PAX S300 to learn more.