Using Referral Sources to Categorize Customers
Customer Referral settings can be used to Add/Edit sources by which your customers are referred. Referral sources can be word-of-mouth recommendations from friends, businesses, or advertisements. You can also choose which location(s) the referral source is active at. Assigning referral information to customer profiles can be used for reporting and analytics.
If you are using the RepairQ ticket APIs and are passing campaign identifiers through, they will appear in the "Referral Code" section.
Creating Customer Referral Methods
1. On the Navigation Bar, go to Settings -> Company Settings.
Note: Alternatively, you can also navigate to Settings -> Locations to add a Referral Method.
2. On the Settings Overview screen, click on the Customers dropdown on the left column. From the list of options, click Referral Source.
3. On the Customer Referral page, click Add Customer Referral to create a new referral source.
Note: Alternatively, click the Edit button next to the existing referral method you would like to change. Editing a referral source will overwrite the records of any customer with this method assigned.
4. Begin filling out the New Referral Method form.
- Name - Assign a name to this referral source.
- Location - Select whether this source will be available for selection at all locations or a specific location.
- Priority - Assign a number, starting at zero, to organize the primary list of Referral Sources. A lower number will seat higher in the list.
- Is Active - Select whether this referral will be active in list dropdowns or inactive and hidden from selection.
5. When you are satisfied with your changes, click Save.
6. After you save, the Customer Referral will show on the overview list. If you need to make changes, you can edit the referral or delete if it has never been assigned to a Customer Profile.
Assigning a Referral to a Customer