Users with the Admin role can create new, preferred contact methods for customers.
Adding a New Contact Method
1. From the Navigation Bar, go to Settings -> Company Settings.
2. On the Settings Overview page, click the Customers dropdown from the list of settings on the left column. From the list of options, click Contact Methods.
3. On the Contact Methods page, click Add Contact Method to create a new contact method or click the Edit button under the Actions column to make changes to an existing entry.
4. Begin filling out the fields for the new Contact Method.
- Name - Assign a name to your contact method.
- Is SMS - Select this checkbox if the contact method is reachable via SMS.
- Is Email - Select this checkbox if the contact method is reachable via email.
- Is Phone - Select this checkbox if the contact method is reachable by phone call.
- Priority - Assign a number, beginning at zero, to arrange the placement of this contact method on the overview page. A lower number will seat the entry higher on the list.
- Is Active - Select the checkbox next to this field to show this method in available lists. Uncheck to hide/remove from list views.
5. When you are satisfied with your changes, click Save.
6. After saving, your new contact method will show on the overview page.
Updating a Customer's Preferred Contact Method
When adding or editing a customer, you can update the Contact Method preference for the customer.
START 1.18.X MIG