A Category Tree is a group of categories organized in a Hierarchy of Parent-Child relationships. Trees are a top-down method used to build visual browsing experiences like Item Grids. Your Item Tree and Grid work together to create a customer-friendly, drill-down experience when selecting services through Qsite Opportunities, as well as provide customizable, easy-to-use navigation for your point-of-sale process. (See a video demo of Item Grids in action here.)
1. Navigate to Company Settings -> Categories -> Category Trees
2. Click the Add (+) button on the right to add a top-level category. It is required to name your category, but it is optional to select the display order (lower numbers will show higher on the list) or to select an image for your Item Grid. You can drag and drop images or select images from an Image Library to add graphics to Item Grids. Once you have made your changes, click Save.
Note: You can also rearrange categories with a click & drag motion. When you hover on a category, and your cursor turns into a hand icon, click and hold the category and drag it to the preferred order.
3. Click on the angle bracket (>) to expand the Parent Category to view any existing subcategories. Click "+Add" to create additional subcategories.
4. Categories are customizable to your preference, so be as specific as you want to be. In this example, we have created a Repair Device Tree that is subcategorized by Device Type -> Brand -> Model. If you want to be more specific, you could even create subcategories for Internal Memory, Color, etc.
5. Once you have built and customized your Item Tree, you can select which tree will apply to the Ticket Type. Go to Company Settings -> Tickets -> General Settings.
6. These settings will configure the behavior for the "Lookup Item to Add" section of your ticket. Toggle whether you prefer adding a ticket item manually or selecting a ticket item via the Item Grid. Then select which Parent Category the Item Grid will pull information. For Repair Tickets, the toggle is set to ON for the option to select items from the Item Grid, pulling information from the "Repair Devices" tree that was created. You can preview the Decision Tree to make sure you have the correct tree assigned. Repeat any changes for Sale Tickets and Trade-in Tickets. Be sure to save your changes at the top right of the settings screen.
7. Now, when you are in a Repair Ticket and select "Lookup Device to Add," the Item Grid appears, and you can select which device you want to add to the repair.