Adding a Customer to RepairQ
Customer Profiles allow stores to collect customer data used for sales, repairs, and marketing communications. From a profile, users can create new tickets, view ticket and device repair history, manage credit balances, and can even schedule or edit existing appointments.
This article will walk you through creating a Customer Profile. For advanced customer management, check out the following articles:
1. On the Navigation Bar, go to Customers -> + Customer.
2. Alternatively, while on the Customer Overview page, you can click the Add ( + ) button on the right side of the page.
3. A Create Customer pop-up window will appear. At a minimum, RepairQ requires the following fields for creating a customer.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Primary Phone
The General category also includes fields for collecting the customer's marketing preferences.
Note: You can add multiple Email addresses for a customer if they are separated by a comma without spaces.
4. On the left column of the window, there are category tabs for entering secondary information for the customer. If there are additional required fields to create a profile, these are marked with an asterisk ( * ) next to their title.
Note: If you are on RepairQ Advanced or RepairQ Professional, Admins can customize required fields by updating Validation Rules for Customers.
5. Once you have filled out all required and are satisfied with adding optional information, click the + Create button to finalize the process.
Note: When you submit customer details, RepairQ will search your existing customers for a matching entry based on last name and phone number. If one exists, you will be notified with a message with a link to view the existing profile.
6. After creating the customer, you will be taken to their Customer Profile page, where you can view an overview of their details. When viewing this page, the left column has additional management categories and the right side has options to edit their profile as well as a quick-create button for starting a new ticket with the customer's information attached to it.