Once you have assigned your Square terminal to your VCT, you are now ready to accept card payments through your Square Terminal.
- Assigning a Square Terminal to a Virtual Cash Terminal (VCT)
- Integrated Payments Setup: Adding a Square Payment Device in RepairQ
- Integrated Payments Setup: Activating Square Integration in RepairQ
Taking Payments with Square Terminal
1. From a terminal with an assigned VCT, create a Sale or Repair ticket through your normal process or edit an existing ticket that will record a payment.
2. In the Transactions section of the ticket, click Request Payment to request payment for the total amount due. If you are taking a deposit, partial, or split-tender payment, click Add Transaction.
3. If you select Add Transaction, a pop-up window will appear. Select Credit Card (Square) as the payment type and enter the amount that you would like to pay in the Amount field. When you are ready to prompt the customer for payment, click Submit Payment.
Note: Select Pay in Full to apply the full amount due, or de-select this option to enter a different amount.
4. A Payment Request pop-up window will appear in RepairQ. The customer can tap, insert, or swipe their card to continue the payment process. If the card is not present, you can key in the card details by clicking Enter Manually.
5. The customer will see prompts on the Square device, walking them through the steps to process a payment. RepairQ will prompt you to request the customer’s signature on the device.
6. The payment window will close once the payment authorization is successful. The payment authorization is run as a sale, and the RepairQ ticket will automatically save.
Any time an integrated payment is processed, the ticket is automatically saved as New status. This ensures that if you accidentally close the window or navigate away after processing a payment, RepairQ has established a ticket number. Tickets can be viewed and searched on the Ticket View page.
Manually Entering Card Details for Payments
The process of taking card details manually is similar to the above process.
When you are ready to prompt the customer for payment, click Submit Payment. A Payment Request pop-up window will appear in RepairQ. If the card is not present or does not swipe, click Enter Manually to follow the process of keying in the card details for the customer.
RepairQ will prompt you to manually enter the customer card number on the Square Terminal.
On the terminal, tap the Present Card or Enter Card Number text field and begin typing in the card number. After you have keyed in the number, tap Charge. Then enter the required fields for the card expiration date, CVV number, and Zipcode for the card. Then tap Charge again.
Once you have submitted the charge, the customer will see prompts on the Square device, walking them through the remaining steps to process their payment. Since this card transaction was entered manually, the Square device will request a receipt selection, even if this setting is turned off in RepairQ.
Once the customer has selected their receipt preference, you will see a "Payment Successful" notification on your RepairQ page, and the window will close automatically. The payment authorization is run as a sale, and the RepairQ ticket will automatically save.